Thank you for reading Hyper-Connected Selling! Considering that the book is about the massive amounts of pressure we have on our time and attention, I’m honored and grateful that you spent a little of yours with me. (By the way, if you haven’t read it yet, get a free chapter and buy a copy on Amazon).
Harnessing the power of the Hyper-Connected world is an on-going process. This page isn’t meant to be comprehensive. Instead it’s to point you towards resources that expand and build on what I talked about in the book.
The first thing you will want to do is get my report, 19 Ways to Supercharge your Sales Network Immediately. It outlines how you can start improving your business relationships in under 5 minutes. You want to do this for two reasons.
- It’s a really good tool. It’s filled with the basics so that you can position yourself as a Sales Sherpa right away.
- You will get access to my weekly emails, such as the BackStage Pass and the Monday Morning Mash-Up that give you the latest tools and ideas to finding success in our modern sales world.
Next, we want to move you along the path of becoming a highly-skilled and highly-valued Sales Sherpa. Because everyone has different strengths and weaknesses, pick and choose among the resources below. And when you find one that you think should be added here, feel free to drop me a line.
We’re gathering a list of the best blogs and online resources, but here’s a list of books that should be the first place you start:
Leveraging Social Selling
- Social Selling Mastery: Scaling Up Your Sales and Marketing Machine for the Digital Buyer by Jamie Shanks
Defining and Clarifying Your Personal Brand
- CareerKred: 4 Simple Steps to Build Your Digital Brand and Boost Credibility in Your Career Paperback by Ryan Rhoten
- Platform: Get Noticed in a Noisy World by Michael Hyatt
Understanding the Sales Matrix
- To Sell Is Human: The Surprising Truth About Moving Others Paperback by Daniel H. Pink
- Relationship Selling: The eight competencies of top sales producers by Jim Cathcart
- SPIN Selling by Neil Rackham
- The Tao of Sales: The Easy Way To Sell In Tough Times by E. Thomas Behr
Building Your Network
- Networking in the 21st Century: Why Your Network Sucks And What To Do About It by David J.P. Fisher
- Superconnect: Harnessing the Power of Networks and the Strength of Weak Links by Richard Koch and Greg Lockwood
- Connected: The Surprising Power of Our Social Networks and How They Shape Our Lives – How Your Friends’ Friends’ Friends Affect Everything You Feel, Think, and Do Paperback by Nicholas A. Christakis and James H. Fowler
Understanding How People Work
- How to Win Friends & Influence People Paperback by Dale Carnegie
- Predictably Irrational, Revised and Expanded Edition: The Hidden Forces That Shape Our Decisions by Dan Ariely
- Super Staying Power: What You Need to Become Valuable and Resilient at Work by Jason Seiden